As we approach the new year, many of us have thought long and hard about what our New Year’s resolution will be. It is very likely that improving health and weight loss will be involved in your resolution.
Do you find yourself making the same resolution year after year? Been there, done that? Tried this diet, that diet, the newest fitness craze, the latest exercise gadget, but find yourself unable to maintain the changes or weight loss you might have achieved? If you are 100 pounds over your ideal body weight you may be a candidate for weight loss surgery. Weight loss surgery for many will provide you a tool to help you achieve those New Years resolutions. Even if you may not be a candidate for weight loss surgery, here are some tips that can assist you in achieving your goals.
- Be realistic. Do not set unattainable goals for yourself. Making goals too difficult to achieve often leads to failure. Strive for attainable goals such as not drinking soda or juice rather than setting an unrealistic weight loss goal of 20 pounds in one month or fitting into your little black dress from 10 years ago in just a few short weeks.
- Track your progress. Keep a journal. Motivate yourself by realizing that all the small changes you are making are adding up to improve your overall health and wellness.
- Remember that change takes time. Focus on today and doing the very best you can. Slip up? That’s ok. No one’s perfect. You did not erase all your hard work in one day. Tomorrow is a new day!
- Stay positive and surround yourself with support. Do what you feel is best for you and your dreams. Do not let others comments or negative opinions guide your decisions. Surround yourself with friends and family who will help you achieve your resolutions.
- Do not give up. Keep your resolution or goal in mind and keep striving for success.
Advanced Surgeons wishes you a very happy and healthy New Year’s.