Finally… Spring has arrived after months of the bitter cold and snow!! You have had weight loss surgery and now it is time for some Spring Cleaning!!
Going Down The Produce Aisle!
So many wonderfully delicious, nutritious and colorful fruits and vegetables are coming back in season…Watch for them to arrive at the produce section of your favorite supermarket!
- Craving something sweet? Try some juicy berries or melon- remember to keep your portions to 1/2 cup.
- Need to satisfying your desire to crunch? Pick up some celery or colorful peppers- red/yellow/orange/green, baby carrots, cauliflower, broccoli or cucumber
- Craving something salty? Try some tomatoes or olives
- Start with your closets-out with the old and in with the new! Donate…Donate.. Donate!! You do not need those clothes anymore!! Save at least one outfit so you can see how far you have come throughout this weight loss surgery journey!
- Go through those kitchen cupboards..Trigger foods? Get rid of them.. Check for expiration dates on canned and packaged foods as well as the condiments.
- Finally… You can go outside for a walk and not worry about the cold..the snow or the ice!
- Thinking about trying out a new outdoor sport?! Tennis anyone? Volleyball?Bike Riding? Golf?- no cart allowed!! You will have to wait a little bit longer for the swimming!
Focus on Today….
- We can all slip up. You can not change the past but you can write your future… You have the opportunity to continue to improve your health and fitness each day. Weight Loss Surgery provides you with a tool and you must continue to work hard and follow the rules to achieve your long term goals. It is not easy.. But.. It is worth it! Had a rough day and feeling guilty about the choices you made whether it is something you ate or skipped your exercise?? Remember.. Tomorrow is a new day!!! Make it count!